Apr 22, 2023

Update: Driveway improvement project news

UPDATE (4/22/23): I did a walk-around on Friday with a representative of United Asphalt Co. of Waterford to evaluate the driveways of residents who have asked to have their property included in the survey for potential repairs, replacement, and/or sealcoating. I expect to receive his bid by mid- to late-week next week and will share the details with the property owners in question within several days after that. -- Bill Dowd

(Earlier story 4/14/23): The owners of at least half the residences on the Terrace opted for some sort of driveway refurbishing in response to a survey I distributed some time ago.

In the past two months I have been in repeated contact on your behalf with five (5) different companies that deal with sealcoating, repairs, and replacement. The experience has been, to say the least, frustrating. Lack of calls being returned, vague responses to specific questions on procedure and price, etc., unseemly delays, etc., have been the order of the day. Not unusual, I suppose, in this day and age of spotty service in so many parts of the workplace.

I do have a walk-around scheduled for 11 a.m. next Friday, April 21, with a representative of United Asphalt Co. of Cohoes, a woman-owned company and the only vendor that has been cooperative in scheduling appointments or even considering some sort of discount for such a multi-residence project.

I have created a spreadsheet, based on your responses, that lists which residences are to be evaluated and for what type of service. Once I receive a bid on each, I will share it with the individual homeowners rather than mailing out a blast notice. That should preserve financial privacy. I also will provide a projected timeframe for the work.

If you wish to accept whatever bid is provided, I'll put you on the master list and so inform the vendor. Should you wish to seek other bids on your own, please don't be reluctant to do so.

Thanks for your patience.

-- Bill Dowd


No comments: